One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
Positions Currently Open:
Special Events Coordinator
Seeking a seasoned, hardworking and dedicated event professional to join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team. This position has the primary responsibility of coordinating 7 fundraising events in the area as well as support to 6 other events outside the immediate area. Must have extensive experience in planning special events with proven ability to conduct preplanning meetings for teammates who are responsible for an additional 6 events. Coordinator must be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent project and time management skills. Must be a team player with initiative and great attitude. Must be willing to work some weekends & nights.
• Effective/strong organizational skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
• Motivated and hard working
• Must be able to work with a multitude of committee members
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Continuous attention to detail in composing, typing and meeting deadlines
• Experience managing event budgets
• Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software. (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3 years of professional experience in event planning, organization, and execution
• Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure
Please, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
An Opportunity for Growth
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Interested? Get started here:
For more information about working with us, contact Donna Chianese, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-488-4009.